Skip to Content
Serving Wine to an Officer in a Guardroom
40 3/8 x 35 in. (102.6 x 88.9 cm)
Medium and Support:
Oil on canvas
Purchased with funds provided by Benjamin D. Bernstein, Mrs. Herbert Morris, Mr. and Mrs. John Shober
Art Museum : 17 C Gallery
- Ellen Borger, De Hollandse kortegaard: geschilderde wachtlokalen uit de Gouden Eeuw (Zwolle: Waanders, 1996), p. 56, fig. 3.1.
- Hofstede de Groot Fiches at RKD, nos. 129109, 129152.
- Netherlands Institute for Art History (RKD), image no. 66471
- Jocha Rosen, “The Dutch Guardroom Scene of the Golden Age: A Definition,” Artibus Et Historiae no. 53 (XXVII) (2006): 151-174.
- ———, Soldiers at leisure: the guardroom scene in Dutch genre paintings of the Golden Age (Amsterdam: Amsterdam University Press, 2010), pp. 90, fig. 76 and 91.
- Nanette Salomon and Jacob Duck, “The League of Men: The Cortegaerdje,” Ch. 2 in Jacob Duck and the gentrification of Dutch genre painting (Doornspijk: DAVACO, 1998), pp 33-68 and 156.
- Caroline P. Wistar, La Salle University Art Museum, Guide to the Collection (Philadelphia: La Salle University Art Museum, 2002), p. 38 (color ill.).
- 2009 - In need of conservation - Included in the IMLS survey
For more information: http://artmuseum.lasalle.edu/exhibits/show/conservation-surveys/paintings/serving-wine-to-an-officer-in-
Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolio
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Portfolio is "17th Century Gallery" and [Objects]Country is ".
View current selection of records as:
Collections Database Last updated: 06/03/2023